(urth) barrington interview

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 06:07:37 PDT 2014

No dia 14/10/2014, às 12:59, Lee <severiansola at hotmail.com> escreveu:

> Why would observations made in this tiny corner be presumed to apply to all other corners?

The problem is that people take science to be philosophy, which it is not (and ethics, which it is not). Thus they interpret the reasonable scientific claim 'this theory fits nice with every observation we have' as the ascientific 'the observations we have are a consequence of this theory (and so, any other future observations will be in accordance with it)'. This confusion is denied or encouraged by scientism, but scientism-ites, for all their championing of science, have been able to produce a pretty little amount of it. Science doesn't like to be worshipped!