(urth) Theism Supports Free Will Better than Materialism Does

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 05:46:07 PDT 2014

Since you asked, I do not limit God by human understanding.  The Bible
cannot circumscribe him, nor can any theology adequately describe a being
for which all powers are conceivable.  But the very prevalent idea of
"God's will be done" implies that He has one, even if it is beyond human
understanding.  I am obviously not an agnostic, but my words and philosophy
cannot encapsulate the existence of such a power.  The only statement I am
willing to make is that our universe operates under reasonable and
seemingly consistent physical laws - if existence is an amusement, it seems
to be operated with, overall, reliable rules. If God desires free will, He
can certainly have it, if desire is even applicable in describing Him or
His motivations.