(urth) barrington interview

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 06:21:59 PDT 2014

>Jeffrey Wilson: As for Lee, up above he postulates that the actuality is different in
>places and that will give rise to different concepts to which ours will
>not relate. However, he still calls these circumstances history and
>geography, which implicitly means they are relateable to us.

Of course, because I am human and have human limitations :- ). This sort of makes

the point I was trying to make.

I must think in terms of space and time. How could I coherently describe

a scenario which doesn't possess these features?

There are better wordsmiths than I who have attempted it (Wolfe and Frank Herbert

come to mind).  There are passages in their books which hint at meaning but are

ultimately best described as incomprehensible. What makes them good authors are

the hints as much as the sense of incomprehensibility.

But surely there exist some things in some universe somewhere which are completely and

without the slightest hint, utterly incomprehensible to the human mind (including mathematical

models). In an infinite cosmos, why wouldn't such things exist?