(urth) barrington interview

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:07:43 PDT 2014

>Marc Aramini: And inevitably some readings will be closer to authorial intention,

>some further away.  Wolfe knows if his shadow children are parasites and the

>relationship, if any, between the Abos and the trees.

Let's pretend Gene Wolfe follows this List. Why do you think he continues to not

chime in and tell you that you are right and others are wrong? What is his

motivation?

>No one has ever really talked about my Latro story (probably because it sucked,

>I suppose)

It is probably good. I didn't know it existed. Also, as an amateur Wolfe fan, I find

keeping up just with Wolfe's work to be enough of a challenge. Also, the Latro

series never interested me enough for a second read, for some reason.

>Whether the story works outside of the mystery is the difference between Wolfe and me.

>My story clearly doesn't work, his do, but I can tell you if your guesses were right or wrong

>in my work.

I think you would tell us if our guesses were correct in identifying  your intentions. Another

difference between you and Wolfe. You truly WANT to be understood. He doesn't. Otherwise

he would make the effort to ensure he was understood.