(urth) Try and Kill It

Daniel Otto Jack Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 08:35:23 PST 2014

That's another piece I've wanted to write for years:  a tripartite review
of Wolfe's *Pirate Freedom*, Lafferty's *Annals of Klepsis *(about a pirate
planet), and Tim Powers's *On Stranger Tides* (which, though I've read a
number of other novels by powers, I still haven't read this one).  Toyed
with calling the review 'Catholic Pirates Three!'...

Any standouts from your nautical readings?

-DOJP

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Robert Pirkola <rpirkola at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been reading a lot of nautically themed classics to try and put
> myself in a frame of mind
> for reading *Pirate Freedom* and, having recently read "Try and Kill It",
> this passage
> jumped out at me.

Daniel Otto Jack Petersen