(urth) Apocalypses

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Fri Mar 28 23:21:10 PDT 2014

On 3/28/2014 7:56 PM, Antonin Scriabin wrote:
> I'm having trouble translating, finding anything on, or making sense of
> the term "kalo pisicho" in Lafferty's Apocalypses. Can anyone point me
> in the right direction? All I know for sure is it is the being the
> Detective, Captain Nemo, is more afraid of than anything in the world.

Google Ngrams' earliest hit for kalo is Narrative of a journey in the
Morea, 1823, by Sir William Gell. P.376, "The people seemed rather
pleased that I approved of their liquor, and all in chorus cried out
Kalo kalo krassi, good wine."

Pisicho is also a Micronesian atoll, perhaps used as a trap for a
submariner?

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab