(urth) Swanwick and others

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 18:30:39 PDT 2014

I unintentionally answered my own question. Well, in a sense: I just finished Caitlin Kiernan's _The Drowning Girl_, and (although I have no idea if it was intentionally influenced by Wolfe), it certainly seems to fit. There are two narratives being given us at once from the pov of a single admittedly "insane" narrator. And both can't possibly be true (or "factual," as she says), although both are, she insists, true. So "unrealiable" narrator, explicit plots that obviously aren't the "real" story, werewolves and ghosts that might not be, etc.