(urth) Sightings at Twin Mounds

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 10:00:28 PDT 2014

let me just address point 2 specifically first: the frame is the story
because it is culled together from second hand sources: we never actually
see our Wendigo/victim before he is pulled backwards to become a folktale
in his death except through "frame" accounts.

Third: he is mistaken as a monster in the past because, if I am not
mistaken, that is a cultural myth of the Indians - he is their bogey man.
A man from the future who inexplicably appears is named as a Wendigo
because that would be one of their few explanations.  Like us seeing
someone appear in the closet and labelling him the bogeyman.

The genre could certainly be unsolved mysteries.  Your reading is a modern
murder with no real supernatural elements.  The "modern guy gets sucked
back by his proximity with aliens or fairies to become a local myth" is a
supernatural story of the possily unexplainable.

I'm not saying I don't like your exegesis, but I wish their was at least
some hint of our narrator finding people tasty looking. Yum.