(urth) Short Story 13: The Changeling

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 10:03:13 PDT 2014

Him being in the seventh grade explains why he isn't in the picture- his
perceptions were altered by wrestling with his changeling. It seems
mysterious but can be rationalized if we accept Peter Palmieri alters the
perceptions of everyone in contact with him, but his father and Pete are a
little different. It also explains why there was a room for Peter when he
appeared at Maria's childhood and how someone overseas knew to ask about
peter, and makes sense of the name of the church, the immaculate
conception, which is concerning Mary's birth without sin (not Jesus') (ie
the changeling shows up when Maria is young).

The old man being dead could either mean the island of never land is the
isle of death (closer than when Pete was young but farther from the shores
of the real world than it is when he is on it compared to the other
children) or that the father who takes Pete Palmer has passed on, his
powerful evil might to bend nails broken.

It is, however, set in the world of Peace, so I am sure fairy stories are
important to both works.