(urth) Fuligin?

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Wed Jul 16 20:09:43 PDT 2014

On 7/16/2014 6:39 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> It's probably impractical. On the other hand, its "gimcrackery"
> emphasizes the theatrical nature of the the role of executioner. It
> might even be intended as much to frighten thieves and the gullible (as
> it did once) as to aid in the swing.
>
> Besides, when you first lift the sword from the horizontal, the mercury
> would rush toward the hilt, bringing its center of gravity closer to the
> body. I think the real benefit may be simply to make lifting it easier.
> It could also assist in accuracy on the downswing, a notorious problem
> for executioners.

This can work, and it will also help the horizontal stroke with a wide
swing against the greater movement arm with the liquid at the tip. But I
don't see how it could be less than difficult to do the double
thigh-breaker at Saltus.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab