(urth) May 2014 Wolfe interview in _Technology Review_

Matthew Knight jacobeiserman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 23:41:43 PDT 2014

Very interesting indeed.

And Peoria now...only 1.5 hours from Champaign. Hmmm...wonder if Mr. Wolfe
would appreciate a delivery of homemade cookies. I nabbed a picture with
him at the award ceremony in the crazy music box house, but wasn't able to
stay for the banquet (cash-strapped grad student, you know the drill...that
month I literally couldn't afford the extra $75 or whatever it was, and
I'll probably always regret that. Still, I got the picture, and even made
him laugh for a second or two. Appreciated that he was willing to stop, in
the midst of being whisked from place to place).

Wolfe is obviously too subtle for me at most times (which is why I read
this list), and I'm not sure what he's getting at with "never learned the
name of the sailor" thing above. The three days and bloody drink make me
think of some kind of undead resurrection, but I don't know (and also
haven't read Dr. Moreau...). Any ideas?