(urth) the aes sith/sidhe - the people of peace

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 09:31:41 PST 2014

As I was researching what every family name in Peace meant, I came across MacAfee's origin, a rather strange one.  Associated with the clan Mac Dubh-Sithhe - the dark one of peace, or Mac Dubh-Sidhe, the dark fairy.  So there is a close linguistic association with the "people of the mounds" and the "people of peace", both terms can be used to describe the Sidhe.

And of course, now Weer is very much a person of the burial mound.