(urth) Mrs. Mason in the carnival in Peace

Fred Kiesche godelescherbach at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:18:10 PST 2014

With that subject line in my mind's eye before coffee, I was suddenly
envisioning the world's strangest game of "Clue"...

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Marc Aramini <marcaramini at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The cinderella story is replayed a bit with Mrs. Mason and her daughters
> treating Doris so terribly that she ultimately electrocutes herself in the
> carnival. Some effort has been expended on who Mr. Mason might be, but I
> feel like in this case the name is a direct transposition from the fairy
> tale story, in which Lady Tremain is the mother, Tremain meaning "from the
> stone house" or from the big city, certainly related to a mason. The timing
> of that event is difficult to make Doris Weer's daughter with Sherry Gold-
> if they had a child it should only be five to at most ten then. One other
> time slip involves Weer telling the librarian that the farm she is seeking
> was built by the Porters thirty years ago as he saw when Peacock took his
> aunt on expeditions - it seems those expeditions should have stopped by the
> time he was fifteen years old, but that matches the age that Blaine
> remembers for "jimmy" weer when "roscoe" mcafee got the egg from Olivia,
> when in Weer's memory he was n
>  ine at that event.

F.P. Kiesche III

Husband, Father, Good Cook. Reader. Keeper of abandoned dogs. Catholic
Liberal Conservative Militarist. Does not fit into a neat box or category.
"Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book. Always, scribble,
scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on being presented with
Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.) Blogging at Bernal
Alpha. On Twitter as @FredKiesche