(urth) 5HX

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 09:52:10 PDT 2014

It takes about three days for Marsch to be reborn on Easter Sunday from the
bite as something different - his body undergoes a harrowing over that
period of time.  The existence of two alien races is simple: it creates a
means for "Other" to be persecuted -  abo incarcerated by humans or shadow
child incarcerated by abos who believe themselves to be human. Abo
incarcerated by abo makes no sense. The officer making a slave open the
document with a knife and then showering prophylactically shows
a strange unhandiness and a fear of saliva. This multiplication of species
must serve a narrative purpose.  The switch of Sandwalker to Eastwind and
the human landers suddenly not knowing what open hands mean shows the
climactic switch when humans are replaced by abos who now believe
themselves to be humans.  Why bring up Liev's postulate at all if it isn't
even a possibility?  It is present in the text.  So are meta statements
like "don't ask me how big a child is".  The details of A Story honestly
don't make much sense unless they are pointing to a symbolic representation
of Marsch's fate to elucidate the two life cycles at work - larval, adult,
sessile carapace/tree and an infectious empathic one.