(urth) 5HC

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:12:44 PDT 2014

>Marc Aramini: Unfortunately, with no one to imitate, they have become

>increasingly poor at doing this, and one day a man takes out the garbage

>and the next he serves as a judge or police officer.  Port Mimizon is broken.

>Adaptability and adjustment taken too far without innovation and true

>understanding of function leads to decadence or a repetition of meaningless

>patterns.

I do think there is validity to this aspect of the story Marc.

Still the Abos are able to perform such diverse human activities as making egg

rolls, having sex, driving a horse and carriage, selling slaves, maintaining a

prison, etc. The society hasn't completely collapsed.

What I am wondering is whether it is hinted that this disease of imitators will

eventually arrive on Earth. Surely the disguise is good enough that they might

eventually be able to stowaway on a space ship.

Or was that part of the story, with the spreading of such nasty, imitative

creatures put off until the appearance of Inhumi in Long/Short Sun?