(urth) Severian forgets a few things ...

Nessun Saprà nessun-sapra at web.de
Tue Aug 5 21:26:29 PDT 2014

Since there are many other instances, the “I forgot” topic is something like a running in in TBotNS:

„there was one thing I wanted to ask Agia; but I could not recall what it might be“

„beyond the stair I could remember nothing“

“That was Beuzec, of course; I had failed to recall the name until I saw him”

“For you others, as I am told, memory dies; mine scarcely dims”

„I could not at once recall where“

“At that time, I did not recognize …”

“a woman I recalled but could not identify”

„I made several false starts“

“Somehow I missed the little inn”

„I thought I recognized the scent“

“I find I have no memory of such a sound”

„Even now, all I recall“:

“I recalled only“

“for the mind is too full at the time of struggle to do much recording”

„suggesting something I could not quite recall“

„I have the facility of recalling everything. I can´t always lay hands on it“

“While I was ill I had never paid much attention to the people who brought our food, though when I reflected on it I was able to recall them clearly, as I recall everything”

…

Nessuno