(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 116, Issue 28

Brian Doherty brianmdoherty at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:57:33 PDT 2014

As a book author, tho never fiction and never with Tor, that generally
means that the contracted work has been turned in and the publisher
has agreed, yes, we will publish this. It is likely the beginning of
the editorial process, though. I'd guess publication is likely still a
year away---sometime Spring 2015. This could all be wrong. Trad
publishing is SLOW.

With my last book I was absolutely assured that the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM
my major NY house could turn an absolutely finished ms---one ready to
be formatted and printed, already completely read edited and
proofread---into a physical object in stores was four months. (And
this was nonfiction essentially about a constantly changing ongoing
news story where weeks were of the essence.) And that was when
everything about the editorial process was done. Basically, if we
don't already see it in a Tor catalog, it's probably 10 months to a
year away.

Brian Doherty