(urth) Wolves

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Fri Apr 11 08:43:30 PDT 2014

On Fri, April 11, 2014 08:50, Andrew Mason wrote:
> Neil Gaiman, I think, proposed the theory that in each of Wolfe's
> stories there is a wolf. I've been thinking about how this works out.

IIRC, he stated more strongly in the old GEnie days, that his first step
in solving the mysteries of a Wolfe story is to find the figurative if not
literal Gene Wolfe *in* the story. This certainly worked for 5HC, though I
didn't particularly think the alzabo passed muster as a "gene wolf" in the
sense Neil nominated it (it eats the family member by member) but as
genetically tampered furry pack predator  (its pack is on the inside),
sure.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab