(urth) Land Across review

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 06:39:28 PDT 2014

Nice review.  I got the impression (I've only read it once) that Grafton
was suffering some kind of amnesia, and that he was a servant of the Leader
from the beginning.  He gets into some tight spots, for sure, but he always
seems to be pushed along in the right direction.  He is mistaken for a
German, picks up the language quickly, seems to have residual memories of
the Leader, etc.  I think he is a native, a self-imposed amnesiac, that is
being used as part of a wider plot to oust the rebels, and fix a few other
problems.  Ever see the movie *Cypher*?  Similar idea.