(urth) What are you reading?

Mark Lewin mark at marklewin.com
Wed Apr 2 04:50:17 PDT 2014

I'm currently enjoying the first of Iain M Banks' Culture books,
Consider Phlebas. No great mental effort required on the part of the
reader, just good, imaginative space opera. I'm having a blast.

I've also just completed a selection of short stories entitled The New
Uncanny. Having got rather bored of horror/supernatural tales in recent
years, this was a rather brave purchase, but one that paid off. It's a
great collection with some really original, off-the-wall stories, by a
mixture of genre authors such as Christoper Priest and Ramsay Campbell,
and "literary" types like AS Byatt and Hanif Kureishi.

Next up: "Home Fires".

Mark