(urth) Oreb possessed?

Larry Miller decanus1284 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 00:24:19 PDT 2013

I have been rereading Book of the Long Sun, and was struck with the notion
that maybe Oreb was possessed from the moment of his apparent death during
the failed sacrifice (the sacrificial altar was in front of the Sacred
Window). The bird seen by Silk fluttering out the second story window prior
to the appearance of Pike was Oreb, able to do so despite his injured wing
because of the possession. this would also explain Orebs denial- he don't
remember because he wasn't in control at the time. I don't know if this has
ever been brought up before. Any thoughts?