(urth) "been teaching literature for over 35 years"

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Fri Sep 6 08:45:02 PDT 2013

But the Moon has no atmosphere – forests couldn’t grow there!

Seriously, why bother responding?  The guy is plainly clueless about any SF that exists outside very limited parameters.  There are enough comments already pointing that out to him.

- Gerry Quinn

From: Jerry Friedman

He certainly missed the sentence "When I had first come to realize, as a boy, that the green circle of the moon was in fact a sort of island hung in the sky, whose color derived from forests, now immemorially old, planted in the earliest days of the race of Man, I had formed an intention of going there..."  SotL, Ch. XIII.