(urth) "been teaching literature for over 35 years"

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Fri Sep 6 21:39:23 PDT 2013

On Fri, September 6, 2013 13:04, DAVID STOCKHOFF wrote:
> Interesting thought. Could the New Sun restart Urth's tectonic activity
> and thus its CO2 cycle? Would that put Floodmaster Severian and the Evil
> Twins on the same side?

I'm not sure if we've discussed it recently, but I believe the tectonic
issues are moot because Sev's recognition of constellations from his era
being visible over Apu Punchau's pampa put an upper limit of 50,000 -
100,000 years between them, due to apparent motion of the stars over time.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popular_Science_Monthly/Volume_4/January_1874/Past_and_Future_of_a_Constellation

So, there's not enough time for current vulcanism to run down.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab