(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: _Shadows_, _The Land Across_

Gwern Branwen gwern at gwern.net
Mon Oct 28 08:36:14 PDT 2013

Short story-by-story review of _Shadows of the New Sun:
http://www.denofgeek.us/dvd-bluray/gene-wolfe/216306/shadows-of-the-new-sun-book-review

Photo of old _New Sun_ book cover:
http://librarianpetergreen.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-shadow-of-torturer-gene-wolfe.html

Cory Doctorow comments on the _The Land Across_ preview:

> Tor.com has published an excerpt from The Land Across, a new novel from the incomparable, astounding Gene Wolfe, which comes out on Nov 26. It's a kafkaesque travelogue about magical realms and harsh borders, and on the strength of the excerpt, I want to shove it directly through my eyeballs and into my brain:

Reddit discusses the preview as well:
http://www.reddit.com/r/printSF/comments/1oz6w4/excerpt_from_gene_wolfes_new_novel_the_land/
Likewise generally positive.

--