(urth) Just discovered this list

Darrell Burgan darrell.burgan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 21:19:43 PST 2013

I've read the New Sun books twice, the Long Sun once and Short Sun twice,
and am about to embark on my third reading of New Sun. I just cannot get
enough of Gene Wolfe. He makes me think.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'll pose it anyway. Is there any
symbolic or literal relationship between Seawrack of Short Sun and Mamelta
of Long Sun? After all, Mamelta told Silk they would one day be lovers, and
then was apparently eaten by a giant fish before any such thing happened ...

Look forward to participating in the list and learning more about Wolfe's
universes. After reading through some of the archives, it is apparent I
have light years to go to catch up.

Cheers!
Darrell

--