(urth) hyle and Wolfe

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 10 07:49:21 PST 2013

 When I do the write up for The Dark of the June stories, it has not escaped my attention that paper is particularly important to a novelist and in those stories from the very opening paragraph, where the main character's room could have sprung from the picture in a newspaper (and to the text Harry Nailer shall return), and it seems perhaps thematically important not only to those stories but to Wolfe in general that these trees create a durable landscape to house the author's words, trees dying so the ideas might flourish and approach immortality.