(urth) Agilus and Agia

aaron aaronsingleton at gmail.com
Wed May 1 20:10:41 PDT 2013

I suppose.  I guess it's just a feeling that there is something I'm missing
about Agilus that has yet to be explained to my own satisfaction.  For me,
none of the theories presented fit.  Are they possible?  Sure they are.
But they don't feel right.  And the same goes for the character of Father
Inire.  Don't even get me started on that subject.  I even asked Wolfe
about Inire's appearances (or lack of) in TBotNS, and he basically just
said "Maybe he's there, maybe he's not."  Cute, huh?

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM, David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>wrote:

> Not if it's tucked over/behind the ears.
>

> On 5/1/2013 6:29 PM, aaron wrote:
>
>> It could be, but a ribbon wouldn't just hang there suspended.  Think
>> about a string or ribbon that holds up a mask.  Remove the mask and the
>> ribbon would just fall off.
>>

>> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM, David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net<mailto:
>> dstockhoff at verizon.net**>> wrote:
>>
>>     It could be a ribbon.
>>

>>     On 5/1/2013 4:38 PM, aaron wrote:
>>
>>         Not so sure about hair, but something has to explain the
>>         stripe above Agilus' ear.  While I don't doubt it is an
>>         indication of Agilus' dishonesty, that he is a man who wears
>>         many masks, what is the plowman's meaning here?  The only
>>         plausible, however far-fetched, explanation is the face paint
>>         of the Jungle Sorcerers.  We have the evidence of Agia's
>>         scribbling the symbol on the floor of the dungeon, but little
>>         else.  I am still not satisfied with the explanation, but it
>>         will serve as a placeholder as it has for years.  I still
>>         can't shake the relation to the masks of the Hierodules.
>>          Perhaps someday I will come across a better theory.
>>

>>         On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Jeff Wilson
>>         <jwilson at clueland.com <mailto:jwilson at clueland.com>
>>         <mailto:jwilson at clueland.com <mailto:jwilson at clueland.com>>**>
>>
>>         wrote:
>>
>>             On 5/1/2013 12:21 PM, aaron wrote:
>>
>>                 I think I have read somewhere about the stripes being face
>>                 paint, thus
>>                 related to the jungle sorcerers.
>>

>>             So Agia and Agilus don't just play dress-up, but do hair and
>>             make-up as well? That would explain the elongated eyes...
>>

>>             --     Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
>>         <mailto:jwilson at clueland.com> <mailto:jwilson at clueland.com
>>
>>         <mailto:jwilson at clueland.com>>
>>
>>             Computational Intelligence Laboratory - Texas A&M Texarkana
>>             < http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >

>>         --         Aaron Singleton

>> --
>> Aaron Singleton