(urth) The Cumaean

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed May 8 17:28:55 PDT 2013

They are of the higher rank. There are traditionally nine ranks of angels;
according to Thomas Aquinas, these would be:

Seraphim, Cherubim, and Thrones (the First Choir)
Dominions, Virtues and Powers (the Second Choir)
Principalities, Archangels, and Angels (the Third Choir)

Seraphim are the highest, Angels the lowest.

The bit about seven doesn't mean that there are only seven total; it means
that there are seven significant ones, perhaps the seven who stand in the
presence of God in Revelation.

Oddly, the 7th Day Adventists believe that Michael is Jesus in disguise or
something like that.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 15:32, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> > Yes, but (like me) Wolfe is a Catholic and not bound by "it ain't in
> > Scripture."
>
> But are the others capital-A Archangels of that most exalted rank, or
> archangels as in higher than the average angel? Do the additional names of
> the archangels come with better provenance than Caspar and Melchior?
>

> --
> Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
> A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab
> < http://www.tamut.edu/cil >

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes