(urth) symbols, motifs, and extra textual relevance vs. onomastic onanism

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 08:48:32 PDT 2013

--- On Wed, 3/27/13, Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com> wrote:

Sandwalker's 'tree' grows large when he sleeps with Seven Girls Waiting. The Marshmen steal boy children from the Hillmen and castrate them to make their shamans (as Sweetmouth notices in the pit), and they do not grow beards.  The talk of trees is essentially myth and wordplay.
This is where we vary the most - I think the tree allusion to his genitals is the distraction away from their other form of reproduction, this one we are mechanistically familiar with as readers, a metaphor in use because there is more than one way to inseminate an abo, skin a cat, or what have you.