(urth) getting a Fifth Head of Cerberus write up together (primacy of the leaf-bite) ...

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 06:36:32 PDT 2013

Two other quick things - once again external witnesses know more than subjective first person narrators - right away Marsch looks at number five and says, you are a clone.  In the same offhand fashion at the end of the first story number five says to Marsch you are from st. Anne, not earth, your green eyes reveal you are an aborigine.  Similarly, Sandwalker was always fated to "drop down" into the ground - when he is born, when he hunts, his feet are always shown descending to the ground " to someplace lower"  At the end the brother that dies has his feet swept out from under him - I think this is an indication of who dies there as well. (His descent into the pit "the other eye" could equally well serve that imagery.)

Also, st Anne is the mother of Mary, where the immaculate conception comes in, allowing the human life of Christ (fully human, fully divine) and st croix means the cross, the end of Jesus' human life, such that we have bookends on the fully human, fully divine tenure of Jesus.  I will not speculate on his human nature after the resurrection for the purposes of this symbolic separation (burgeoning life and the promise of innocent generation followed by cruel and sinful crucifixion still following the Divine Will as an agent of salvation) , as it seems to me defeating death is the parameter of the divine.

Sent from my iPhone