(urth) Time, Not Cloning

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Mon Jul 29 08:13:12 PDT 2013

On Mon, July 29, 2013 08:54, Brian wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> I meant that when a Severian died (drowned, for instance), the Yesodis
> replaced him by pulling a Severian from another time line.   If they had
> manipulated "their" time line to "undo" the death, there would not be
> multiple corpses.  And their is no "other Severian" to struggle with ,
> because a new Severian is only obtained when one dies.

I'm still not seeing why a particular timeline is privileged above the
others and made the recipient of their Severians when he keeps dying. Do
the other timelines not have Yesodis watching over them? If it's the same
gang of Yesodis watching over several Urthly timelines, why do they need
to move a live Severian from Urth A to replace the one that died on Urth B
? Why don't they just concentrate on keeping the one from Urth A alive
there, since he is in the identical circumstances until that moment?

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab