(urth) S.R. Delany's "Neveron" Stories

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 25 07:52:33 PDT 2013

Yeah his last is a bit cropo-mucophagic.  Delany is a good writer who writes about some nasty stuff.  Not sure if his later output is worth the effort, but Dark Reflections was at least a little but less pornographic than his other late stuff.  I guess I don't see neveryon as New Sun like because of the absence of religious obsession, the thing that so captivated me about New Sun.  I think Delany is more interested in the "traditional" (oxymoron) postmodern look at power relationships and sociological constructions.  Haven't read Neveryon in many years though,mostly I remember a bridge and male prostitution ...
Sent from my iPhone