(urth) Time, Not Cloning

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Jul 31 16:22:44 PDT 2013

On 7/31/2013 7:03 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, July 31, 2013 17:18, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> Severian's real-time mother and the projection machine are separated by
>> chiliads at least.
> 1. Not necessarily, there are any number of still-functional ancient
> machines around the Citadel and the House Absolute and other places, plus
> "new" installations overseen by Typhon and Inire that still do their
> thing.

You mean that are capable pf projecting NEW eidolons? That's what I
meant. Katherine is not exactly likely to be "new"---she's part of an
ancient ritual. But if the machines can project new eidolons, Katherine
can be switched out at intervals.

> 2. Whenever the projector is, Malrubius and Triskele are within range, and
> they only lived 5-15 years later than Sev's birth mother.

Do you assume they are projected by Urth projectors, or Yesodi?

> 3. We see Aquastor-Malrubius debark from a ship newly arrived from the
> future via the Corridors of Time. Either the projector reaches back from
> future eras, or there's a projector on the ship that can reach eras the
> ship is in at the moment.

That was always my assumption about the Yesodi projectors.