(urth) Latro Thoughts

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 11:34:41 PDT 2013

>Marc Aramini: I actually fancy that the Latro books are an exploration
> of the pre-Christian zeitgeist leading up to the time of the Pax Roman
>that becomes something of the ultimate philosophical moment of Christian
>history - mankind is at last ready for divine revision, and that readiness
>creates a scenario were immutable God takes on a mutable human nature.  Wolfe's
>gnostic play is here in full force - it is impossible to ignore the ideological
>differences between the Creator God and the God who is fully human and fully
>divine;

Interesting Marc. The first thoughts which came to my mind when reading your post
Were about Wolfe's willingness to create species who seem to be on a higher
spiritual plane than humans (Neigbors and Hiero-types, e.g.).

Might it be in Wolfe's mind that we humans still remain unready for some higher
divine revelation than that of Christ? And eventually something beyond that?