(urth) Time, Not Cloning

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Wed Jul 31 10:42:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, July 31, 2013 09:03, DAVID STOCKHOFF wrote:
>>Yes. My assumption has always been that this unstable matter comes from
>> Yesod, i.e., a "higher" universe, since the Otherworld/Land of the Dead
>> is where ghosts and such come from, and since Yesod obviously controls it
>> this matter. But a ghost could come from anywhere if the gods will it.

Yes and no; the Yesod-source supposition is true at least some of the
time; Apheta explains Yesod is naturally all energy and the only material
bodies there are the ones the Yesodis make from that energy - though the
only visible energy in Yesod is the light from those bodies they have made
(or will make), including what appear to be artificial stars and planets,
and what is seen through peepholes into Briah.

But I recall from Cyriaca's uncle's story that a form of eidolon was
invented on Urth at some point, where the machines entrusted with the care
of mankind were able to give everyone an "invisible friend", and
apparently the machines went a bit further before they broke down. I think
this, along the great gathering of books and technology into the citadel
will support a new hypothesis on the nature of Holy Katherine, that she is
a simple eidolon/aquastor projected for the Torturer's benefit by some of
the remaining salvaged machinery, explaining why she is the same age each
year, survives beheading, and is placidly compliant.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab