(urth) Memories stored in the brain

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Mon Jul 15 14:43:36 PDT 2013

>> The 'Wolfean' idea represented seems to be that memories can only be
>> transmitted by eating a certain part of the brain.
>>
>> Reference Severian's gruesome accession to the Autarchy as an example.
>
> The way I understood it, both work - but eating the brain, rather than the
> body, and probably using a higher-quality elixir compared to whatever
> Vodalus was able to brew, works better and probably has fewer side
> effects.

Gerry is correct; the other Vodalarii received the memories and loyalty
sentiments despite there not being enough brains for everyone each time,
nor did they enjoy Sev's wondrous gifts. Ultan, the best read man in the
Commonwealth, also confirms that memories can be gotten from non-brain
extremities, like fingers and hands.

I just hope they remembered to clean the maze this time.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab