(urth) Gene Wolfe Covers

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:13:42 PST 2013

I was confused by the one with the sword-toting elf as well.  It look
really familiar (the artwork is very similar to that of the *Mistborn
*series),
and after some digging I found that the cover was just taken from this
book<http://www.amazon.com/Midwinter-Matthew-Sturges/dp/1591027349>.
This explains the disconnect between the cover and, well, virtually
everything about *The Shadow of the Torturer*.