(urth) The future of cloning, continued‏

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 06:02:05 PST 2013

>David Stockhoff: Is Doctor Talos in the house?

Or even Doctor Crane?

I'm not an expert but it seems to me the current obstacles to
cloning animals (plants are easier) reside mostly in the
technology being in its infancy. I think epigenetic problems
derive mostly from the accumulated centromere shortening and
acquired mutations found in adult animal cells.

If you started your clone from a cell culled from a gastrula or
even an embryo or fetus, I think most of the problems are avoided
and you have your khaibit, ready to supply you blood (and body
parts?) as needed.