(urth) New Lafferty collection from Centipede Press

Daniel Otto Jack Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 13:16:37 PST 2013

I know this list occasionally gets used for Lafferty news as well (rightly
so, since Wolfe considers Lafferty and actual and true genius), so I just
wanted to make sure folks new Centipede Press is putting out the first fine
volume of Lafferty's complete stories (they're calling it the Lafferty
Library).  They say each volume will feature 'a guest introduction by a
notable author in the field of fantastic fiction' (the first is by noted
Wolfe fan Michael Swanwick).  I hope they'll get Wolfe to do one!

http://www.centipedepress.com/sf/manmademodels.html

I discuss the pros and cons of the particular table of contents they've
revealed on my Lafferty blog:

http://antsofgodarequeerfish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/complete-lafferty-library-volume-1.html

Also, in case you've never seen where Wolfe calls Lafferty 'our most
original writer' (he calls him a genius in a different essay), a few years
ago I copied out Wolfe's essay from Castle of Days here:

http://antsofgodarequeerfish.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/its-great-to-be-young-and-in-danger.html

Take care.

--
Daniel Otto Jack Petersen