(urth) Five Severians

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Sun Dec 15 02:43:01 PST 2013

On Sat, December 14, 2013 20:17, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Thanks, Larry -- Druissi's eight Severians theory is a bit opaque.  It
> seems that Severians Four, Seven, and Eight are the same Severian, and
> Severians Three and Five are not Severian at all (I'm not sure why the
> Claw
> ("Severian Three") or the White Fountain ("Severian Five") are considered
> versions of Severian).

They are intimately connected channels for his powers, and at times he may
perceive them as separate selves. Particularly with the White Fountain, he
has a sense of seeing himself from far away. They are also tagged with his
genetic material, The Claw by blood and The White Fountain by semen from
his tryst with Alpheta.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab