(urth) silk, the dancing toy, gods in the tunnels

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 06:19:19 PDT 2013

Gerry, I agree on the blasphemous inversion of mere dogs being called gods, but I think that too is a symbol of the presumptuous sleeping men who were called gods.  That blind fellow in short sun who Horn runs into that reminds him so fiercely of Auk - there simply isn't an explanation for him if he is not in some way tenebrous Tartaros -       I maintain the whorl is the ark where Typhon stored his family and his animals until the deluge receded.  If that makes the characters ciphers .... I just don't see them as that even if every once in a while a symbol reflects on an implied plot device. I think Wolfe is a symbolist who is not above employing complicated linguistic tricks playing with representation-actuality.