(urth) Time, Not Cloning

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Fri Aug 2 16:34:50 PDT 2013

On Fri, August 2, 2013 14:27, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> ... and all this leads around to the question of whether Severian (the
> Severian we know, who is "not the first Severian") is himself a _khaibit_
> or "shadow...thus the real meaning of the title.

I've always taken this to mean his previous time-loop instances, or from
earlier drafts of the life-play he finds himself in. I suppose it is
natural for him to think of himself as the continuing entity rather than
the corpses he doesn't particularly identify with.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab