(urth) HOME FIRES finished thoughts (spoilers)

Brian Doherty brianmdoherty at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 17:09:24 PDT 2013

Couple of other HOME FIRES questions: I gather from end that Chelle fragged
a commander, but I don't see how this relates to what happens to her---you
merely get discharged for that? Or was she killed for it before the Sims
meld? Is this even the "original" Chelle's body? I mean, reaction of her
old school friend and Skip indicate it is....

Also, are we supposed to guess/does it matter what secret Sims had that the
spies wanted from Chelle? Pure Macguffin or significant?

What would people say the theme/point of the novel is? The tenacity of
love? The fragility of identity? Or the tenacity of identity?

Brian Doherty