(urth) Time, Not Cloning

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 08:37:41 PDT 2013

Not to be all negative, and not that a title can't have two connotations, but there is a pretty explicit rumination on that shadow that comes from the hand of the secular authority administering justice, standing between the soon to be executed and the inexplicable divine justice, the increate or his symbol, the sun.  Severian's narrative blurs what is actually standing between the light and the victim in his insistence on being consubstantial to some degree with the New Sun - and the justice of that coming is pretty much universal excision and execution for the majority of mankind. Is the torturer in the way of the light or serving it?

Sent from my iPhone