(urth) Thea's Identity

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 12:59:12 PDT 2013

Horn is very resentful towards Nettle for getting pregnant in some of his flashbacks - there is something spoiled in many of his recollections.  There is such vast and deep irony in On Blue's Waters, where Horn believes that Silk would not fail as he has, or that Silk's love would be true, because Silk is right there with him.  As soon as Silk arrives at Horn's home, he realizes he has to leave - it is no longer his home, and the quest for love was for Hyacinth.  If there is autobiography there, it is the struggle between idealization and reality, no doubt.  Silk pretending to be Horn wants to go to Nettle - the real Horn yearns for the golden days with Seawrack that can never be again.