(urth) paleolithic, dendritic, and predendritic cultures

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 18:20:03 PDT 2013

No dia 04/04/2013, às 00:48, "Gerry Quinn" <gerry at bindweed.com> escreveu:

> It may be that sometime between now and the twenty-ninth century or whenever, such a term will come into use, perhaps with regard to wood and forest based cultures.
>
> Obviously the idea of stages/ages is a somewhat arbitrary taxonomy in any case; they are probably among the most 'socially constructed' of all scientific terms.

I don't know about that. It sounds very plausible that human cultures remained mostly static until some invention came along, then moving to a different plateau. That's why terms like 'Iron Age' mean different times in different places. If anything, I find them much more objective than Antiquity, Classical Antiquity, Middle Ages.