(urth) Thea's Identity

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Fri Apr 19 06:15:50 PDT 2013

From: Lee Berman

> Thomas Bitterman:
> > but is there a passage indicating the servants are derived from
> > royals?

> In discussing his extinguishing of some exultant families, Master Gurloes
> suggests
> that they are the newest of families on Urth. So I don't think so. There
> may be
> certain conclusions we can draw from their height, which is stressed so
> heavily.
> Body size is so important across the whole 12 book Sun series.

I think it was Jonas who said that they were the newest.

I would see an analogy to the Captain in _Silhouette_, in which the ruling
elite are given special foods to make them taller.  [Though given that Earth
in that story is in a state of ecological collapse, it may be that they are
the onl;y ones who get normal food, and everyone else is stunted.]

- Gerry Quinn