(urth) Thea's Identity

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Fri Apr 12 07:07:04 PDT 2013

But in Ottoman empire the harems (seraglios) had reproductive purpose as
a central one.
Moreover, since it was difficult to apply the principle of
"primogeniture" with the great
number of babies, when the time to designate a heir arrived, it was
desperate for women
to fight for their sons to be chosen (by intrigue etc.) because usually
all other male descendants
after the heir was chosen risked elimination. It is quite different with
autarchs because
the successor is defined differently.

Regards

Sergei Soloviev