(urth) Thecla's "Identity"

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:13:32 PDT 2013

You raise a very good point about Silk/Horn's Eucharist on Blue. It's the most enigmatic thing I've found yet in Wolfe's writings:
- the narrator doesn't provide a reason nor inspiration for it (now where did THAT come from) - which usually means we have to figure one out and it is staring at us
- nor is it apparent why it occurs at that given point
- nor what results from it
- nor what symbolism it entails within the Short Sun reality
- nor whether or how other people will hear about it
Yet Wolfe is just not the kind of fella who will simply insert such an episode without strings links to the rest of the book.

I heartily agree with everything you've said so far. What reminded me of Evola was your point that not any myth is good enough.

I wouldn't dream of stealing your stuff! Besides, who'd I talk with about it outside this list...