(urth) Inhumi eyes and names

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 10:58:32 PDT 2012

--- On Fri, 9/28/12, David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net> wrote:

Another angle would be that since Krait is lying about flying through space (assuming he is lying), he is lying about the super-vision that goes along with it. It also lets Wolfe have some fun.

Wolfe is a heavy handed symbolist but a subtle stylist, if that makes any sense.  Lies usually need a purpose: ignorance, duplicitousness, or narrative impetus.  I always argue that the narrators and editors are ignorant, but Krait is one of the few characters I don't like mapping that ignorant duplicitousness towards, for some reason.